On January 11th we learned about gene drives and explored their safety and regulation. This brought up key questions:
- Can we really know enough about our environment to make gene drives safe?
- Are there any issues with the currently advertised safety measures for gene drives?
- What would be the ideal characteristics of a gene drive regulatory strategy?
- How can gene drives be implemented responsibly?
- What regulatory body would be qualified to make a decision about the use of a gene drive?
What do you think? Please join the discussion in the comments below.